My Skincare Routine
Whats up beautiful babes. Since my last blog post I’ve had an overwhelming amount of ladies ask about my skincare routine. I’ve had the same basic routine for years using two brands I can’t live without: Neutrogena and Image Skincare. You know I love to share my secrets, so here’s the lineup 😉
My mom had me start washing with Clinique face soap when I was in middle school, which I think prevented a lot of skin issues-never too early to start! Through puberty I started using Proactive, which helped clear up my skin but ended up being WAY too intense for my skin. About 10 years ago I went to the dermatologist for the first time and she recommended Neutrogena and I’ve never looked back. It’s affordable and better yet…IT WORKS. I’ve always used this one, but when I moved to NY I switched to this one. My skin dries up depending on climates and how much I travel, so I’m always switching between the two to keep my skin hydrated.
I rinse my face with cold water and pat dry before lathering on moisturizer. I naturally have really dry skin so I’m constantly trying to hydrate. I mix together Image Hydrating Cream & Vital C Hydrating Serum on my face and neck, and if I’m feeling extra dry I mix in a drop of natural Vitamin E Oil (a little goes a LONG way). I finish with my Collagen Eye Pads while I sip coffee and start planning my day.
I use my Clarisonic every night after taking my makeup off with a wipe. I first apply Image Eye Cream, which is the only eye cream I’ve ever used and I love it. I naturally have dark circles under my eyes and since using this product I’ve definitely noticed a decrease. It also helps with under eye puffiness and prevents fine lines, definitely recommend.
I mix Vital C Hydrating Repair Creme with Anti Aging Serum and lather my face & neck. Not only does this creme and serum smell amazing, it moisturizes and tightens my skin while promoting collagen. I like to have a ton of moisture on my face before bed because my skin soaks it in throughout the night.
I’m also crazy about lathering up my lips before bed cause they get so chapped while I sleep…does this happen to anyone else? No, ok just me *insert eye roll* ANYWAYS I’ve been using the Sol de Janerio chapstick this last month and I’m obsessed, it smells like candy. During the day I’m addicted to Image lip enhancement, it looks like a gorgeous gloss but it’s so hydrating and stays on forever.
- Roughly a year ago The Skinny Confidential inspired me to look into oils as a natural way to hydrate my skin. I’m super careful about what I put into my body, so I figured I needed to be more careful about the ingredients I apply on my skin. I use Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E Oil and combine them 3x/week. Both slow down signs of aging, and help with intense hydration. Whenever I mix these two my skin glows, however don’t use oil before putting on makeup (I tried foundation & it slide right off). I recommend applying these oils at night or before going to the gym.
- I’ve had those magnetizing mirrors in the past and it was horrible. All I’d do was pick at my face. I make a conscious effort not to pick unless it’s absolutely necessary. If I do need to pick, I use two q-tips so I don’t break skin with my nails.
- When I’m noticing black heads I use a Boscia Black Charcoal Mask on my nose, chin, and forehead to help eliminate them. Not gonna lie taking off the mask hurts but it’s so worth it. I also exfoliate about 1x/week with my Chic Republic charcoal to rub off the dead skin and bacteria while minimizing my pours.
- One of my biggest secrets is never wearing makeup to the gym. Seriously…don’t. When you sweat your makeup is seeping into your pores and clogging them resulting in break outs. I used to try to look cute for the gym, or workout after a day of work without taking off my makeup and always broke out. I definitely noticed a change in my skin when I started sweating with a bare face.
- As you can tell I’m a sucker for moisturizer, and I think it’s sexy to have baby soft skin all year ’round. A day doesn’t go by that I’m not putting lotion all over my body. Added side note: I mentioned Sol de Janeiro a minute ago, but I need to brag about their best product- BUM BUM CREAM! My girlfriend Dana gifted this to me for my birthday and I’m obsessed with it. I use it every single day when I get out of the shower and love the smell. Not sure if it’s tightening up my bum yet or not, too early to tell but I won’t be stopping anytime soon.
My #1 tip:
Let your natural beauty shine as often as possible, your skin will thank you.
GIVEAWAY!!! I’ve teamed up with Image Skincare to give one lucky follower of mine a Holiday Collection Box!
This box includes: The MAX Stem Cell Facial Cleanser, Vital C Hydrating Anti-Aging Serum, PREVENTION + Daily Matte Moisturizer, and Bimolecular Anti-Aging Radiance Masks!
Comment below which product you’re dying to try! Winner announced Friday!
13 thoughts on “My Skincare Routine”
Your beautiful and you could put mud on your face and it would work! Can’t wait to see you in Dec. going to give you some amazing Italy organic products not available in US yet… Then you can tell me you’d thoughts!
I am definitely in need of a new skin care routine after having a baby! I went and got some of the products you recommended today! I hope they work for me.
Thank you for sharing!! I’ll definitely be buying some of these <3
Your skin is FLAWLESS girl!! Thanks for sharing these products!
I would like you to try the Image Skincare BEAUTY brow and lash enhancement serum.
Vital C hydrating serum ?
Jord! This post is amazing. I’m definitely going to use your tips. I always go to hot yoga after work with my foundation still on from the day and I’ve been having breakouts. Time to stop that!
I would also love to try the Vital C Hydrating Syrum from your giveaway. Xoxo
Anti-Aging Radiance Masks!!! ?
VITAL C hydrating enzyme masque!?
I’ve heard such good things about the entire line…so it’s hard to say which one I’m most excited to try! Probably the anti aging serum!!!
Vital C Hydrating Serum ?? ?
Hey Jordan! I’ve been wanting to try Image Skincare’s peels. Especially the lightening lift one ! Chemical peels seem to be the best thing for my skin. Loved this post. ??
This is my first time here but I’m loving your blog. I actually found it through a post from a mutual friend on FB (Erica Cain).
Your skin is just gorgeous! I’ve just started struggling with acne for the first time in my life at 27. Who knew that was a thing?! I just hopped online and am doing a big purchase of many of your items so hopefully I can clear it up!
I don’t know which I’m most excited to try. I’m nearing 30 now and am starting to see those little crows feet so I think if I had to choose, some of the anti aging products!
Congrats on your sports illustrated title!